OH BABY: 10 Items To Pack For The Hospital
I can vividly remember all three of the times that I told my husband, it’s TIME to go! Good thing I had my hospital bag ready to go the second and third time. The first time? The bag was just thrown together after a squishy gush of fun surprised me while I was doing some antique shopping. When I got to the hospital, I realized that I forgot to bring quite a few things that would have been beneficial to have.
Instead, I was stuck wearing those nasty net panties and licking my lips to keep my lips moist until the nurse brought me a thick wad of Vaseline to put on. I would have much rather had my Burt’s Bees, but I dealt.
Here is a list of my top 10 things you should pack for the hospital BEFORE you are ready to welcome that baby.
Here is your ultimate hospital packing list:
1. Your Clothes, Particularly your own comfy panties that you wouldn’t mind getting dirty (aka preferably the ones you would wear during your period…not your G-string Victoria Secrets).
Not only will you need some comfy pajamas to wear, but a nice bathrobe would be nice to have with you because do you really want to be in that thin hospital moo moo the whole time you are there? Oh and be sure the clothes are roomy. You are not going to be at the same size you were before you were pregnant. Expect to wear clothes that would fit you if you were six months along.
You will need a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, brush, lotion and anything else that you feel you cannot live without. Go easy on the makeup. I highly doubt you are going to want to get all dolled up while you are there but some mascara and powder may be ideal to have just in case you want to snap some photos. DON’T FORGET THE LIP BALM!
3. Socks and/or Slippers
The hospital floors are cold and your room probably will be too. So, don’t neglect your tootsies.
4. A Pillow Or Blanket From Your Own Bed
If you want to make your stay a little more comfortable, bring your own pillow or blanket. Trust me, you will be grateful you brought something from your bed with you.
5. Nursing Accessories
If you are going to be nursing, it is a good idea to bring your breastfeeding pillow or Boppy with you, along with a nursing bra.
6. Entertainment/Relaxation Tools
When you are waiting for that baby to come, you are going to want some activities to keep you busy. As if labor pains weren’t enough, right? Well, to help pass the time, take a couple magazines, books or a deck of cards with you. Perhaps you enjoy crossword puzzles or you are a Candy Crush addict?
I brought along some music and believe it or not, my third baby I gave birth with John Mayer playing in the background.
After birth you are going to be hungry. Trust in that! Instead of that nasty hospital food, you can bring along your own snacks and drinks that you enjoy.
8. Your Significant Others’ Things
He/she will be hanging around too, so they must also have any items that they want when they stay the night. Toiletries, extra clothes and perhaps aspirin?
9. Important Documents
These may include your birthing plan, a picture ID, health insurance information, and hospital registration forms.
10. Baby’s Diaper Bag/Car Seat
You will need to have baby’s first ensemble ready for when you go home. The hospital will give you a few diapers, some wipes and a small going home package so you won’t have to worry too much about those items. But a nice cozy blanket would be pretty sweet too. Don’t forget the baby’s car seat or else you won’t be taking your baby home with you!
What was your must have item that you packed for the hospital when you went into labor? Or what do you wish you would have packed?
- How to Avoid Common Errors When Ordering Flowers Online - January 19, 2017
- Budget Friendly Family Activities - January 19, 2017
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: ArcKit For Your Little Builder - December 20, 2016
- The Hidden Moving Costs Nobody Tells You About - December 18, 2016
- HOLIDAY DEALS: Zootopia and Miles From Tomorrowland Bundles on TOMY.com - December 10, 2016
- Christmas Trees On Parade - December 9, 2016
- Best Holiday Styles Ideas for Teen/Tween Boys - December 8, 2016
- Quilted Northern Target Cartwheel Offer! - December 5, 2016
- Amazon.com 12 Days of Deals Starts Sunday - December 2, 2016