5 Things I Wish I Knew When I Was Pregnant
Okay, so I’ve done it three times now and you may call me an experienced baby popping mama, but there are some things that were different and some things that were constant during my pregnancies. The constant? I ended up large and in charge and feeling pretty miserable by about the eighth month but the end result ended with a beautiful bouncing baby who would wake me up every two hours for at least the first month or two. But that was okay for my sweet baby to wake me up because I looked forward to holding and snuggling that little thing, as sleep-deprived and disheveled of a zombie I became.
So what are 5 things that I wish I knew when I was pregnant? A couple of these may surprise you, but a couple others you might be nodding your head in agreement.
1. You don’t ALWAYS have to have morning sickness to be pregnant.
And morning sickness is not just present in the morning. With my first, (now 12 year old Autumn) I had the nausea and dry heaves with that fun little bile projectile. And interesting enough, I started kneeling before the porcelain god almost immediately after I found out I was pregnant. Yeah, I’m pretty sure that was all mental. Like, oh my gawd, I’m pregnant..I need to have morning sickness because that’s what happens when you are pregnant. Um, yeah.
With my second baby (now 7 year old Carter), I had morning sickness for MONTHS and it wasn’t just in the morning. My nausea and other nonsense carried on so bad that I ended up losing weight in the first and second trimester instead of gaining weight. While pregnant with Lola (my now 4 year old), I did not get the morning sickness at all.
I did come to one solid conclusion though…morning sickness is no picnic.
2. Pregnancy can be VERY HARD on a marriage, partnership, or whoever is on the other end of the baby making situation.
Let’s face it, when we get pregnant, our hormones do get whacked out every once in awhile. Communication can get difficult because quite frankly they don’t know what we are going through. Our body is going through some big time changes, guys!
3. I would pee my pants on several occasions.
Even after attempting kegal exercises to keep my vaginal muscles strong and tight, you cannot escape the power of a sneeze or a big belly laugh. I’ve went through many changes of panties because of accidents. I should have invested stock in Depends at that time.
4. False labor can trick you on more than one occasion.
There were many times I thought, “okay, it’s time”. With Autumn, my water broke so that was a no brainer but with my other two, I started having contractions (or so I thought). Those damn Braxton Hicks are confusing and annoying. I often thought there was something was seriously wrong with my body! I don’t know how many times I was sent home even on my THIRD pregnancy. Even though it is your body and you think you KNOW your body, you really don’t.
5. Use a mirror during childbirth.
I don’t know why I didn’t do this and I’m kicking myself to this day. How great it would be to watch the baby be born with a mirror? While everyone else can see what is going on down there, all I could see was my legs up in the air and the nurses’ nose hair all up in my face. I would have LOVED to see that little baby face come out and look at it for the first time. Those are memories that a lot of mamas just don’t have!
What is one thing you wish you knew during your pregnancy or beyond?
- How to Avoid Common Errors When Ordering Flowers Online - January 19, 2017
- Budget Friendly Family Activities - January 19, 2017
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: ArcKit For Your Little Builder - December 20, 2016
- The Hidden Moving Costs Nobody Tells You About - December 18, 2016
- HOLIDAY DEALS: Zootopia and Miles From Tomorrowland Bundles on TOMY.com - December 10, 2016
- Christmas Trees On Parade - December 9, 2016
- Best Holiday Styles Ideas for Teen/Tween Boys - December 8, 2016
- Quilted Northern Target Cartwheel Offer! - December 5, 2016
- Amazon.com 12 Days of Deals Starts Sunday - December 2, 2016